Point Linux MATE 3.0b3 Release Notes
These release notes for Point Linux MATE 3.0 beta 3 (agni) provide an overview of the release and document the known issues with Point Linux MATE 3.0 beta 3.
Point Linux MATE 3.0 beta 3 overview
This release is intended for testing purposes only. Please do not use it in production environments!
Point Linux team proudly announces the availability of the Point Linux 3.0 Beta 3. The key feature of this release is the new GNOME 3.14 edition that hopefully will make a perfect company to the exising MATE desktop. Just like in the previous MATE only releases, Point Linux GNOME edition comes in two suites, 'Full' for the fully functional out-of-the-box desktop, and 'Core', containing only the basic and free components leaving you ability to customize your Point Linux installation the way you like it. Based on the recently introduced GNOME 'Classic' mode Point Linux combines it with the custom tweaks and the brand new dark panel theme aiming to bring the best possible experience for the GNOME 2 fans.
Point Linux MATE 3.0 Beta 3 got many under-the-hood bug fixes and infrastructural changes. Both editions are based on the updated Debian packages including LibreOffice 18.104.22.168 office suite and the latest Mozilla Firefox 34.0.5 web browser that now comes with the Google Safe Browsing option disabled by default to ensure the maximum privacy.
|The purpose:||Desktop PC distro|
|Target audience:||Experienced users and business/IT sector|
|Based on:||Debian 8 (jessie)|
|Supported architectures:||i386 (i686-pae), amd64|
|Distro language:||English in Live Session, Localized during installation|
|Installer:||GUI Point Linux Installer 0.19.2|
Changes in distribution
- This is the first release featuring Point Linux GNOME 3 edition
- Firefox 34.0.5 with the Google Safe Browsing disabled by default
- Multiple Point Linux infrastructural changes
- Up to date Debian Packages
Changes in Point Linux Installer
- Screen locking for all users by default if autologin is not enabled during installation
- 'Install Compiz' feature removed from 'Additional software' as Compiz is no longer supported
Known issues and limitations
- Update notification does not work
- Sound volume is muted at startup
- Compiz is not present due to its incompatibility with MATE 1.8.1