From Point Linux Wiki
Revision as of 11:40, 31 August 2013 by Peter Ryzhenkov
Localization requires basic gettext knowledge. Please visit the following resources to learn more about gettext and .po files:
Web Site Localization
- Basic gettext knowledge;
- Basic HTML markup knowledge.
Obtain the messages.po file
- The php script will automatically generate the actual version of the messages.po file including all the translations already done for your language before;
- The php script assumes the first (top) language in your browser's language list is the language you're going to translate the site to.
- You always have to get the actual copy of the messages.po file from the site before editing. This will exclude your local (and probably outdated) and the actual version mismatch.
- Get the messages.po file
Send the translated messages.po file
- Please attach the translated messages.po file and send e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.